Milk Thistle oil is one of the most irrefutable remedies for liver illnesses, that has been used since the Roman Times. The oil is obtained by cold pressing seeds, which were previously cleansed of impurities, then pressed at temperatures lower than 30⁰Celsius.
Milk Thistle cold pressed oil contains Silymarin and other mineral contents, which contribute to protecting and regenerating liver cells and which are dietary antioxidants. The oil also contains carotenoid substances, vitamins E, B, D, K, micro and macro elements like: magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, selenium, zinc, aluminum, copper, chromium, vanadium and polyunsaturated fatty acids like Omega 3 and Omega 6, essential for physical wellbeing.
Health benefits of cold pressed milk thistle oil:
- Because it is rich in silymarin, it is used in the treatment of hepatitis A, B and C, of toxic hepatitis and of cirrhosis of the liver.
- Because of its high concentration of Omega 6 and Omega 3, it helps restore hormonal balance and it regulates lipid metabolism. This way, it improves the activity of other organ systems and the skin texture.
- The vitamins, minerals and flavonoid substances, but also its choleretic (gallbladder), antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, improve digestion and treat gastro-intestinal disorders.
- Because of its vitamin A and E content, but also due to flavonoids, manganese, magnesium and chlorophyll, the oil has a positive effect on the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine and digestive systems. Also, it promotes the healing of wounds and of skin injuries.
Thanks to its silymarin content, introducing it in your daily diet will help with:
- Cleansing of the liver tissue;
- Cleansing the body of common pollutants from foods that contain preservers, colorants and additives or other chemicals;
- Supporting the regeneration of liver cells;
- Helping the hepatic gland release toxins (liver detox);
- Reducing inflammation of the liver;
- It helps regenerate hepatocytes that are affected by toxic substances and excess alcohol consumption.
The Milk Thistle cold pressed oil Elixir can be used therapeutically, but also as food. It can be taken raw, in the morning and at lunch, 30 minutes before eating or in salads, sauces, soups, borscht and porridges.